A great way to reap the health benefits of essential oils is to disperse them into the air using an essential oil diffuser. The aroma of the essential oil creates a soothing and relaxing atmosphere.
You probably use your diffusers for long hours on a near-daily basis. The question is, do you clean your diffuser after using it? It is actually recommended to clean your diffuser after every use to ensure its longevity. Without proper maintenance, oil residue can build up on the inside of the unit. If left too long, the residue oil and water can corrode the diffuser that can affect how well it works. Not only that, but it can also affect the quality of the aromatic experience whenever you use it.
It can be troublesome if your diffuser starts to malfunction. Most of the time, all it needs is a good clean-up. To make sure that your diffuser is going to be in perfect running condition for a long time, it is important to clean and maintain it properly.
Cleaning your diffuser regularly can sound challenging. But you will eventually get used to it. The check the exact cleaning instructions of your diffuser, read your diffuser manual. Generally, it is easy to give your diffuser a quick clean-up after each time you use it. Fully empty your essential oil diffuser of all water and oils. Use a microfiber cloth or a Q-tip to wipe away any excess oil or water.
How to deep clean your ultrasonic diffuser
1. Turn off your diffuser.
2. Fill the reservoir with clean water about halfway below the maximum line.
3. Add 10 drops of pure white vinegar. This will help in removing the oils that are stuck inside the diffuser.
4. To allow the water-vinegar mixture to disperse throughout the unit and clean it, let the diffuser run for about 5 minutes.
5. Completely drain the water reservoir.
6. Clean the tight spots and corners of the diffuser with a cotton swab dipped in white vinegar to make sure that no spots are left dirty.
7. Rinse the water reservoir with clean water.
8. Wipe the reservoir with a dry cloth and let it air dry.
It is recommended that you deep clean your diffuser at least once a month. Take good care of your diffuser so that you can enjoy the best possible experience using essential oils.
Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter to receive more helpful and interesting tips on staying clean, smelling good and living a happier life!