Diffusing is one of the most popular ways of using essential oils. The aromatic and therapeutic molecules are dispersed into the air and are then absorbed by our bodies after inhaling them. However, we can still enjoy our essential oils even though we don’t have any diffuser. There are many ways to experience the benefits of essential oils.
1. Using a cotton ball is the easiest way to smell essential oils. Simply put a few drops of essential oil onto a clean, plain cotton ball. Place the cotton ball near your nose and inhale deeply. You can also place the cotton ball into a fan or a vent. When moving air flows through the cotton ball, the scent of the essential oil will be diffused. You can also just leave the cotton balls with essential oils anywhere around your room. This is commonly done with peppermint essential oil to drive spiders and mice away.
2. Put a few drops of essential oil onto the middle tube of the toilet paper roll in the bathroom. When you pull some toilet paper off it after using the bathroom, the scent will be dispersed and the bathroom will smell fresh and clean. This is a cheap but effective way to diffuse essential oils. Try lemongrass essential oil for a clean scent.
3. You can make your own essential oil spray bottle. There are many kinds of essential oil spray bottle recipes that you can try depending on the purpose. Simply add a few drops of the essential oil you need into the water in the spray bottle. Sometimes, vinegar or castile soap can also be used. A lavender spray is a good example. Mix lavender essential oil and water in a spray bottle. Spray around your room to have a good night’s sleep.
4. Use your stove to enjoy the fragrance of essential oils in your kitchen. Put a pot on your stove and fill it halfway with water. Add a few drops of your essential oil. Do not let it boil. When the water is a bit steaming, you can turn off the fire. The smell of the essential oil will be carried in the steam and will fill your kitchen. You can do this with eucalyptus oil when you have a cold or with orange essential oil when you want a joyful and festive environment.
5. Inhaling diluted essential oil on your palm is the simplest and fastest way to experience the benefits of essential oils. Add 2 to 3 drops of essential oil diluted in a carrier oil on your palms. Cup your hands under your face and breathe in deeply. Try rosemary essential oil to boost your focus.
You can still enjoy essential oils in many different ways even if you don’t have a diffuser or you don’t have a budget to have one yet. Try other things, be creative and experiment. Just remember to follow the safety measures when using essential oils.
Make sure you subscribe to our newsletter to receive more helpful and interesting tips on staying clean, smelling good and living a happier life!